Monday, March 30, 2009

Racing in the Windy City

This past Saturday I had my first race of the season. My work buddy (mentioned in the previous post)and I signed up for Blackberry Farm's 5K Spring Gallop.
We arrived very early because we thought the race started earlier than it did. Which is better than missing the race or being late. It also worked out because something went wrong with my registration and they didn't have me on the list. I sent it a week ahead of time and the park is in my town so I figured it would arrive on time. That figures because I was just praising the USPS. :-)
After waiting in the cold and being shuffled around between race planners, they found my paperwork and gave me a bid number. We were able to stretch and jog around before the race started.


Waiting in the cold. Gloves were insufficient.













On your mark, get set........







Man, my stride looks good here. Last leg.







I love this pic!








After. We're awesome!






My race time was 26.53. I was 7th place. That's a few hundred dollars in the pros, right?

No comments: